Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Lamb of God Craft for Kids


Easter/Resurrection Sunday is almost here! One of the MAJOR holidays, I'd say.

Plus, the weather is usually starting to get nice out!

This year, I get the honor of helping to teach the kids at church, right before Easter Sunday.

Sometimes, I struggle with finding a craft for everyone. But, I came up with this idea and thought it was really cute and fun! Plus it combines a lot of different things to help teach the message and give the kids some fun hands on time too!

I thought it would be fun to use the message of John 1:29.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

I found this really awesome site, Twisty Noodle!

Go THERE! You can make any type of coloring page/writing page you want! I LOVE this site!







I printed out a few different versions of this to use. I printed on out that said, Lamb of God. (It's traceable to help the little kids learn to write also!) One that said, Jesus, Lamb of God. One blank one, and one with bold letters on top with the verse John 1:29. 

I let my kids color and do this at home first. They're really little but they enjoy coloring. 

Then, we took large cotton balls and stretched them apart, and glued them onto the Lamb. To make it nice and fluffy and give it some texture.



Ok, Mom did some grass coloring and the nose had to be pink. It's my mom thing!


Pretty cute to hang on the fridge right?! 


My idea for older kids, is to use this bold word verse, with the bible verse, and have them write out what it means for them, that Jesus was the lamb of God.

I think this is a good way to remind kids, whether you go to a church or not, that Easter Sunday is about more than just chocolates and bunnies. More than just ham/turkey dinner with gifts and family and friends. This is a day for celebration that we get to live forever, because Jesus defeated death, and Satan!
(If that's a little heavy for you, I'm sorry. It still doesn't make it any less true.) So rejoice! Be glad and ENJOY this day with your kiddos! And Be Very Thankful, that the Lamb did come for you and me!

Happy Easter/Resurrection Sunday everyone! 

May God Bless you and your family!

Do you follow me on Facebook?
Do you follow me on Pinterest?
You Should!


I'd love to hear some feedback and comments!


Visit some of my other posts!
KIDS Passport: Domestic Only

Sending some encouragement and love in a balloon!

Incorporate ANY shapes for ANY holiday or occassion!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!