Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Neighbor Gifts: Boxes of Cream Cheese Mints!


Awhile back, I did a post that asked you how well you knew your neighbors. I know a few of mine pretty well. Well in the sense that some of them I hang out with on a regular basis, our kids play together, and things like that. There are a few though (and I'm talking about just on our street) that I have only seen a handful of times and I still don't know their names.

This year, I wanted to go around and give the neighbors a little treat.

I kind of wanted to avoid the traditional cookies and other goodies that get made in bulk, because it seems that everyone is giving those lately. We've received many, delicious items like these already! (Thank you!) But, we didn't want to risk looking like everyone else. We decided to do a little after dinner mint instead.

I found this Cream Cheese Mints recipe online and went to work! The kids thought these were excellent and a lot of fun to make. Toddler approved!


I remember when I was a younger, these were a huge hit at weddings! I LOVED to eat these, probably more than the cake. (Is this a tradition for your weddings?)

After we made them, I purchased these boxes at Hobby Lobby (adorable, right?!) and some tissue paper to put these little delights in. I'm trying for a little nicer presentation than just on a plate with Saran wrap.


We put them in the fridge and kept them cold and chilled over night.

On Sunday, after church, my son and I went door to door and handed them out.

We loved being able to surprise everyone with a little bit of neighbor love. And trust me, a few of them really were SURPRISED! Sometimes, it's nice to know that even in a little bit bigger city, we can still find a little small town love, within our communities.

Have you guys had a lot of luck with having some amazing neighbors? Do you hand out gifts to them? What was the best one you've received or given?

The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.

Psalm 145:9

Do you follow me on Pinterest?

Do you follow me on Facebook?
You Should!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!