Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beer Sign Make Over

I know you've seen these.  Well, maybe you haven't.  I found this sign at Big Lots.  Part of me wonders why they took this sign and gave it a frilly looking hanger.  I've never seen a man walk by these signs and say, "I'd LOVE to hang that in the garage."  Or, "We could totally give that to Steve as a gift for his kitchen."  Nope.  No two sentences, or anything of the like, have even been uttered by any men I know.  But yet, this is clearly a man-type sign.  

(There are a few women would could probably say they could use this, but just a few, and these have probably been mass produced in the hundreds of thousands.)


I bought this.  I didn't buy it because I thought I could hang it in my house.  Nope, quite the contrary.  I looked at this as a project.  The sign isn't actually that big-maybe a 9x9 or 10x10.  Just a simple little square. I felt awesome this day.  For once, I was going to be creative and think outside the box.  This was going to be the day I was going to make Pinterest Proud!  I was going to create a Beer Fridge Magnet.  (Did I mention it was on clearance for $1?)


What you need to get started:
  • Sign
  • Super Glue/Gorilla Glue
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Magnet Strips (I bought mine at Michael's for $1)


 Step #1:  Remove the wire hanger.
 Step #2: Wipe the back clean with rubbing alcohol.
 Step #3: Using gorilla glue (or super glue) apply a strip of magnet to both top and bottom.
Step #4: Hang and admire.

Step #5: Share with everyone who enters your home!  Enjoy the compliments that people give you like "Wow, that's creative."  Smile and say, "Thanks, I know!"


If you "like" us, be sure to follow us on Facebook!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!