Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Library Fine

Today, we went to the library. My kids enjoy this so much, because usually during the week, there are lots of other little kids for them to see and interact with.

There are story times, toys, colors and coloring. A few times a week our library does crafts and shows movies too! There is always something to do at the library.

The library has books too! (And movies.) For a long time I forgot about how wonderful the library is. I can't encourage the use of the library enough. Every town that has a library is blessed, in my opinion.


Giving a little extra, to help someone else.
When we got there today, to return some books, I was embarrassed to learn I had a $0.10 fine.  Yep, I owed the library a dime! This seemed so silly, but it was my fault. I wasn't paying attention to the dates. This isn't the library's fault. 

I felt my face turn red when the lady behind the desk told me this. I pulled open my purse, and then I paused for a moment. I could use this time, to turn something negative, into a positive for someone else!

I handed the lady a $1 bill. I told her to use the remainder on someone else's fines. I know this may not seem like much, but for me it is. But, I turned a negative into a positive for myself, for $0.90. Remember, it's the little things. 

Maybe it was used for a little kid who really wanted to check out a few books, but wouldn't have been able to, due to his fines. Maybe it went to someone in school who uses the library regularly. Maybe someone else saw my little act of kindness and did something for someone else that day. Maybe it was just a nice surprise for someone else that day. I'll never know. But, I'll enjoy the Maybes.

Have you ever been on the receiving end of an act of kindness?





Give, and it will be given unto you.
Luke 6:38





Here are some more posts on giving! Enjoy!

Pin It

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!