Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cheers!

My son, who is just shy of turning three, has discovered "Cheers!"

Not just the word, but the fact that you are to clink together anything and say those words.  He likes to cheers cups, spoons, forks, toys, pillows, soap at bath time, well, you get the idea.  It's a novel idea.  He just likes to celebrate.  Who doesn't? It's nice to have someone around who just wants to be celebratory!

He has also been potty trained for almost a year.  (No, this is not bragging.)  However, during the training process, which anyone with a boy can tell you, means sometimes telling them it's OK to pee outside.  Well, we encourage it, since we're outside A LOT!  He's peed in parking lots, on the side of the highway, and I think he's really enjoying starting to take aim at my car tires.  Hmm...

While we were enjoying an afternoon outside, our son had to go to the bathroom.  My husband takes him around to the side of the house to "Pee in the rocks."  My husband decides it's time for him to go too.

There they both stood.  Peeing outside.  In the rocks.  Together.  What a beautiful moment.  So, my son looks up at his dad, smiles and says, "Cheers?  Cheers, Dad?"

To which my husband let out a huge laugh and said, "Um, no bud, we don't cheers these."

This, might be, the funniest thing he's ever said.  Got to love our children!


If you like us, follow us on Facebook!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!