Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What's in a Name?

You'd think naming a blog would be easy, right?  After all, if you've been thinking about starting one, you've probably read others, and found a few that would be perfect for you.

You've probably even had experience naming something else in life as well, like say, a child!  This HAS to be easier than that, right?

You'd think.  However, when you hear the name Jack, and thought, "What a beautiful name for a little boy.  I'd love to have a son named Jack some day," you didn't have to deal with the whole world.

See, there can be duplicate, triplicate and infinite number of people named Jack, but when it comes to the web, there can be only one blog named, "Jack."

This naming process has been the hardest one I've ever experienced....every GREAT name I had thought of had already been taken. (Hats of to you!)

Hopefully, you're not here to look for real medical treatment!  Please call either 9-1-1, or another medical website.

Antidote means two things (I know this because I looked it up in the dictionary)-a treatment for poison, or something that counteracts.

This fits this blog perfectly!  I struggle, daily!  

Let me back track a little and give you the brief story of who I am.  I'm a college educated, stay at home mother of two children, under two.  I married my "high school sweetheart," I guess you could say and we've been together for almost 16 years.  I've got a large family-both immediate and extended.

When I found out I was pregnant the first time, we were in a rush, trying to settle down in a place we'd just moved to. (We had moved a lot.) Starting over again-new, no friends, and what I would hardly classify as having any family near by.  We spent our savings on our house and then we found out at 13 weeks, we'd lost our baby.

Struggling with the crashing job market, house market, and not to mention I was still in the middle of now where, with no friends, it was a trying time in my life.  That was 4 1/2 years ago.  Those were dark times.  Depression, anger, anxiety, jealousy, probably even hate---I felt them all.  

Fast forward to today--I still struggle.  But, let's be honest, who doesn't?  Who doesn't find themselves, at one point and time, struggling with thoughts?  The war within the mind?

A month ago, I had, had some upsetting news- but this time, I decided to do something about it.  I wanted to change how I had reacted to it....I wanted to "counteract the poison."  

I wanted to do something good to help someone else out, rather than sit in my self pity.  It's that feeling, that has inspired me to do this---to hopefully inspire the change in you, that we need to see in the world.  I hope you'll come along on this journey with me, and I promise, there will be a lot of fun times too!  Even crafts (and no, I'm NOT that MOM who can beat down MacGyver in a craft bomb making contest), ideas, a little of this and that!

I hope you'll enjoy a little dose of Antidote every day.


If you like us, follow us on Facebook!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!